What's new

My Photos too dark !

Myron

Reaction score
I know that the iPhone doesn't have the greatest built-in camera but I am unable to brighten photos before snapping. Most of my photos are backlit and since the 3GS has no flash, these photos must get deleted. Even my ancient Razr phone camera has the ability to brighten photos which are too dark. Maybe the iPhone camera does have a way to brighten photos that I am unaware of. Please help. I can't always get the subject in bright light.

I dont think there is a way to lighten photos when using the camera. You can download apps that will let you brighten up photos. In itunes search for cameraflash. Thats the app i use and you can add effects too

Is Cameraflash a free app? With all the iPhone features, you'd think that Apple would have included a lighten/darken control on the camera.I believe that others like Blackberry have such controls. It's so great to be able to send photos instantly for posting. My digital cameras are great, but it's such a hassle to send photos from the cameras to post as I must connect a wire to my PC and upload. What a mess!

Yes it is free and there is a pro version that includes extra features. Its $1.19. Yes you would have thought that Apple would have come up with that feature as others phones do have it.

Somebody suggested that I download Photobucket. I did but I see no option here for making my backlit photos of skyscrapers any brighter. I will try cameraflash.

Yes try cameraflash and see if it makes it better. When i took pics of my cat the whole photo was dark and it worked well for me when i brightened up the photo. I suppose it depends on what the photo is of and where it is as well