What's new

My new X doesn’t know its own name [emoji848]

fialotta

Reaction score
Got mine two days ago. Very satisfied this far. But can’t help smile a bit at the fact that it doesn’t know its name. See here. Anyone else have the same issue?
IMG_0027.JPG

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Mine knows it’s name. What’s your iPhone’s name in Settings - General - About - Name? Does it show the one you prefer, or the one that’s automatically added when you set up a new device?

Perhaps it inherited the name when I chose to install with my latest iCloud backup from my 6s plus. Kind of fun this. I have changed the name in Settings. [emoji848]

Yep. If you set up phone from a previous backup you may have to change the name yourself. Go to Settings, General, About, and at the top of the page there is a spot where your phones make us located. If you click onto it you can change the name to what you like. Here I s a screen shot of me changing mine and then back to what it was.
IMG_3880.JPG
IMG_3881.JPG

Hope this helps. Good day.

Yep. If you set up phone from a previous backup you may have to change the name yourself. Go to Settings, General, About, and at the top of the page there is a spot where your phones make us located. If you click onto it you can change the name to what you like. Here I s a screen shot of me changing mine and then back to what it was. View attachment 37966View attachment 37967
Hope this helps. Good day.

Thanks [emoji1303][emoji851]

Reactions: 933