What's new

My iPhone loads things slow. Seems like the internet is messed up.

tinder101

Reaction score
I don't want to take my phone into repair because those guys will just make up some problem and cost me money and probably won't even fix it.

One day, all of a sudden, my phone went to ****. Its still useable but it loads things so slow now. For example, if i'm scrolling twitter sometimes the feed takes longer than it should. Pictures take longer than it should. My mail loads slow. Texts send slow.

Now that i think of it i remember when it went to ****. i don't know if this is the cause or anything but i'll say it anyways. its kinda funny also. I changed my location on Tinder to the philippines and i was swiping a lot. The next day i had like 500 matches and it was loading them all. after that, my phone went to ****. again i don't know if its related or not. ive deleted tinder since and reset my phone but still have the problem.

Even when I turn WiFi on or off and use LTE. Same thing.

The service dots at the top left are 2-3 where as before they were always 4-5. Sometimes they're 4 but its still slow.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? again i don't want to take it in and waste money.

Just for the record i have an iphone 5.

Did you try resetting your settings under Reset? Also clear your Safari History and Cache?

Signal strength doesn't always represent signal quality.

I've seen 100% signal strength and very poor service. On the other hand I've had 1 dot signal and had 100% data speed.

Dealing with police radios daily, we never go by signal strength, but signal quality. I've had 100% signal on a radio, but couldn't talk to anyone.

In Settings>Safari click on Clear history and Website Data.

didnt help unfortunately
I have the same problem slow internet connection I've re set I clear txt messages email browser history now I have 2dots it drops to 1 use to have 3 but not anymore sometimes it's unbearable to use my iPhone 6+I don't understand why it's slowed down

Have you tried turning your phone off, then on again? I have found that I need to do it every once and a while when the phone slows down and the Internet connection slows down. Once I shut it down (hold the power button until it says to slide to power off), then power it up again, it goes back to normal.