What's new

My Iphone 5 needs warm hands to turn on

Emerin

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm aware that Iphone's batteries doesn't support cold but mine already turns off in normal room temperature.
The only way to turn it on is to first warm it up between my hands.
The battery is 1-year old.
Did anyone experience a similar problem?
Thanks!
E.

Don’t have this problem with my 5s battery is a least 3 years old. Maybe you have a faulty one in there? Have you tried resetting the iPhone?
Might help

Neither resetting the iphone nor draining the battery completely(calibration) did help.
Battery life is normal.

If the battery was changed by Apple they may help you. If not l recommend you get them to install a new one for you, or do a check on your iPhone.

Hi,

I'm aware that Iphone's batteries doesn't support cold but mine already turns off in normal room temperature.
The only way to turn it on is to first warm it up between my hands.
The battery is 1-year old.
Did anyone experience a similar problem?
Thanks!
E.
Was the battery replaced by Apple or and authorized service centre? Its possible that the battery was defective in that it is overly sensitive to temperature. The battery could have worn out before its time because the behaviour you describe is not normal for an iPhone battery, even one that's already seen a year of use. If you have a nearby Apple Store, you could take in the iPhone for a Genius Bar appointment. There they could run a full diagnostic on the iPhone to determine the health of the battery and whether or not there's a defect in the iPhone itself that's causing the problem.

Hi Scifan that’s what l said in my new 2018 style, hope you like it