What's new

My iPhone 4S Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLocke

Reaction score
Okay, so here's the scenario: An iPhone 4S was left in the lost and found at my work. It is set up to work on the Sprint network. Our policy is to hold unidentified items for 30 days, then they can be taken by whoever. Thus, I ended up with this phone. There was nothing in the contacts or anything to help me identify it, so I reformatted it in full. Now the problem - it's set up for Sprint, but we don't have that service where I live. We have AT&T and a local provider as the main carriers here. So I went to give it to a friend who has a Sprint phone from another state, and when he called to transfer it over, they said they couldn't becauase it had been reported as lost, and they weren't willing to reactivate it for him. That nixes selling it or giving it to someone already on Sprint for use or profit.

So, my question is this: I am aware that there is no current jailbreak for iOS 5.1 on the 4S yet, and that I will have to wait for that to come. Not a problem, I am patient. Once the inevitable jailbreak does come, will I be able to jaibreak/hack/whatever to be able to use the phone myself on AT&T with my current number? I have never messed with a phone in any way in terms of hacking or jailbreaking, so I am not sure I am asking this in the right way.

Anyone want to school a noobie?

The honest thing to do, would be to give it to sprint. So they can return it to whoever reported it lost, or stolen.

That phone is rightfully someone else's. Therefore, we can't help you.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.