What's new

my iphone 3gs is turning off !! plz help !!!!!

bandykillen

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a iphone 3gs and i installed a theme on it yesterday.. since then my iphone is just turning off when i have were on it like 5 minutes.. i've tryed to remove the theme but it will still keep turning on.. :mad: and because it's just like two months old i am really sad, i wonder.. how shall i do to make it work again ?, like re-install the whole phone? and then is there a kind of backup for the games i wanna have left ? does my jailbrake disappear ? thanks,

// a really sad iphone owner

Just to clear up one thing... are you saying that you've uninstalled the theme's package through Cydia? And after that the theme still becomes active on your iPhone after the uninstall... Then we can work on what's a good avenue to take in fixing this issue.

Just to clear up one thing... are you saying that you've uninstalled the theme's package through Cydia? And after that the theme still becomes active on your iPhone after the uninstall... Then we can work on what's a good avenue to take in fixing this issue.
<br><br>yes, i uninstalled it via cydia, and when it was gone, i thought it was fine again, but after 5-6 minutes it just like a computerscreen turning off, please help me.. i am really really sad right now.. my dad thought it was because it was overheated.. so i let it lay on a table the whole night.. but it's still doing it

Not to worry... we'll get you going before you know it. Couple more quick questions before we go any further.... 1. What iOS version are you on?.... 2. Are you relying on an Unlock to use your iPhone on a carrier other than At&t?

Not to worry... we'll get you going before you know it. Couple more quick questions before we go any further.... 1. What iOS version are you on?.... 2. Are you relying on an Unlock to use your iPhone on a carrier other than At&t?

well my iOS is on 5.0.1, but i don't really understand the last thing.. question 2? (i have a redsnow jailbrake)

Last edited:
To make that part a little easier... Are you using your 3GS on a carrier other than At&t?

well i don't think so... (it can depend that i don't really understand) but i don't think so..

To make that part a little easier... Are you using your 3GS on a carrier other than At&t?
well, now it doesn't turn off, at least it haven't yet.. i've deleted a tons of games and so, but it's lagging like ....... anyways !
Moderation Notice&#8203;: This post has been edited by iPF staff in accordance with our Forum Rules. Please refrain from using explative language.

Last edited by a moderator:
To make a long story short... if you continue having troubles w/ your iPhone shutting down. It's most likely a good idea to do a restore via iTunes. Then do the Jailbreak again w/ redsn0w. Let us know if you need any more assistance.

yes, but now it's lagging like i don't know what.. any help for that ? :)

Lagging is usually a result of the iPhone being overloaded w/ apps, music, videos, etc. What size iPhone do you have 8GB, 16GB or 32GB? Do you know how much available space you have left?

Lagging is usually a result of the iPhone being overloaded w/ apps, music, videos, etc. What size iPhone do you have 8GB, 16GB or 32GB? Do you know how much available space you have left?

i have a 32gb.. so the memory is not small ! but shall i delete more games and videos then ?

Last edited:
RESTORE!!! in DFU mode. Gets you a clean firmware file. And set up as new phone.