What's new

My camera all of a sudden stopped working....

somf559

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having issues with my Iphone 4 running ios 7.1.2. the other day i noticed my camera wasn't working, i mean the app is launching but the camera isn't showing anything on my screen... Any suggestions??

Have you tried force closing the app? Double click the home button, then swipe up on the thumbnail that appears above the camera app icon. If that doesn't work, try restarting the iPhone. Press and hold the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPhone to restart.

scifan57

Welcome to iPhoneForums, somf559!

Are you able to take pictures?

Try the usual fixes:
Force close the Camera app, restart your iPhone and reset it.

To force close, double tap the Home button to show the multitasking bar. Slide the thumbnail above the Camera app icon towards thentop of the screen.

To restart, turn off your device, wait for a few seconds and turn it on again.

To reset, press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPhone will power up on it's own. This kind of reset won't remove data or settings.

yes I tried all of that. I was thinking that my camera may have went bad but both the rear and front camera aren't working. When I take a pic it just takes a black pic. About a week ago I replaced my screen and case but it worked fine right after I did that. Do you think that may have caused it?

yes I tried all of that. I was thinking that my camera may have went bad but both the rear and front camera aren't working. When I take a pic it just takes a black pic. About a week ago I replaced my screen and case but it worked fine right after I did that. Do you think that may have caused it?
It's possible that you accidentally caused some damage to the cameras, connection cables, or the connectors.