What's new

my 5S won't receive all calls

cadman33619

Reaction score
my 5s only receives some oncoming calls. i have been testing from different phones/locations. Most times when someone calls they hear 1 ring then it goes directly to voicemail. On my end...the phone does not ring at all and shows no missed calls. yesterday my wife tried calling me all day and my phone never rang (no necessarily a bad thing) but today she can call me with no problem....however, today i have been using my work desk phone to call my iphone (as a test) but my iphone does not ring at all. on my desk phone all i hear is 1 ring then right to voicemail.

been testing texts also. Most are coming in pretty late, but some are just fine. I know that could be a network traffic or cell signal issue.

i found articles on how to troubleshoot these issues but nothing works.

any ideas?

thanks

I don't know what you've already tried, so here are a few suggestions:

Clean the connector. If the iPhone "thinks" it's docked, it'll try to play the sound through the "phantom speakers".

Take a look at your screen: if you see a small moon icon next to the battery, "Do not disturb" is enabled. This can easily be disabled by pulling up the control center and tapping the icon to grey it out.

Reset your network settings (Settings - General - Reset) and set your Wi-Fi up again.

Try to contact your carrier. Maybe they can help solve this.

It could as well be a hardware issue that's causing your problem.

Last edited: