What's new

"Must have" apps for new iPhone users

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have never owned an iPhone before, you will find that there are a lot of things it can do right out of the box, and a whole heap of things it can't do. That's where a visit to the App Store comes in handy.

Here are a few apps that I consider to be essential:

Apple apps

Pages
Numbers
Keynote

iTunes Remote
AirPort Utility

Third party apps:

Google Maps
Flixster & Flixster Videos
Dropbox
FaceBook

Have I missed any? Feel free to add your own recommendations. All of mine are free. Please indicate if your suggestions are free or paid.

For those of you who are into bodybuilding or running, there are loads of great apps, both free and paid.

Here are the apps I use for those activities:

* GymGoal 2 (paid, Health App compatible, offers Apple Watch app): GymGoal 2 is one of the best bodybuilding apps that I've found. it not only lets you track a workout, it allows the user to add custom workouts and exercises and it includes a good number of conversion and tracking functions with regard to body measurements - it also ships with notes and tips.

* iSmoothRun (paid, Health App compatible, 3rd party sync'ing, offers Apple Watch app): iSmoothRun is maintained by a triathlete, so you know it's going to be useful. This app can track walking, running, hiking, cycling, trail running, swimming, and more.. and it also tracks your equipment.

I've also noticed that many gyms have created an app for iOS, so don't forget to search for your gym in the App Store.

Appreciate your efforts but will be more than happy if you would suggest me two or three photo editing apps. I am a big fan of social media websites and I love posting photos on Facebook, twitter and Instagram. I am looking for the best photo editing apps for my iPhone. Please suggest me some.

Appreciate your efforts but will be more than happy if you would suggest me two or three photo editing apps. I am a big fan of social media websites and I love posting photos on Facebook, twitter and Instagram. I am looking for the best photo editing apps for my iPhone. Please suggest me some.
Welcome to iPhoneForums, jamesdavis01!

A few members posted photo editing apps in this thread:
Whats the last app/game installed on your iPhone

I'm sure one of them will meet your requirements.

iPhoneForums has it's own app, available in the App Store. You'll find it when you search for "Forum for iPhone", Forum Foundry is listed as developer.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, jamesdavis01!

A few members posted photo editing apps in this thread:
Whats the last app/game installed on your iPhone

I'm sure one of them will meet your requirements.

Thank You J A for posting a useful link here. Your effort helped me. I just have ended up downloading CameraBag2 (a photo editing app) that posted in the thread. It is really a good app. I am enjoying using it.

Thank You once again.

Give Camera+ a try.

Easy to use and makes your pictures look incredible.

If you have never owned an iPhone before, you will find that there are a lot of things it can do right out of the box, and a whole heap of things it can't do. That's where a visit to the App Store comes in handy.

Here are a few apps that I consider to be essential:

Apple apps

Pages
Numbers
Keynote

iTunes Remote
AirPort Utility

Third party apps:

Google Maps
Flixster & Flixster Videos
Dropbox
FaceBook

Have I missed any? Feel free to add your own recommendations. All of mine are free. Please indicate if your suggestions are free or paid.

Dashlane

Used to use Dropbox but if l remember correctly if gives
5 GB of free space as l use Gmail and Google and Chrome l now use Googles Drive it gives 15 GB free.
Not that l expect to use it.