What's new

Music won't skip to next tract

squirrelsflugel

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and love iPhone, I had an iPhone 4 before my 5C and use the music on it every day. Since Saturday it has started playing up and won't move on to the next track when it's finished, it just keeps doing the same thing over and over again. Funny enough my iPod has gone wrong the same way. Does anyone have a solution for this please? I've restored it from back up tonight but it's just the same. Any help gratefully received xxx

Welcome to iPhone Forums, squirrelsflugel!

This sounds like it's set to repeat one song the whole time. Go to the Music app, look at the song that's playing permanently. If it looks like this:
image.jpeg

(see arrow) with a small 1, tap it once to get it back to normal. The darker grey part around that icon will disappear, as well as 1.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, squirrelsflugel!

This sounds like it's set to repeat one song the whole time. Go to the Music app, look at the song that's playing permanently. If it looks like this:
View attachment 25073
(see arrow) with a small 1, tap it once to get it back to normal. The darker grey part around that icon will disappear, as well as 1.

Hope that helps.
Hi J.A

Thanks so much for your advice ... it worked! :) It also helped me to work out how to fix my iPod too, it's been stuck on one track for three years!! so I'm now fully immersed in my music once more. Thanks for replying.

Squirrel