What's new

Music or Podcasts

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
Apple-Podcasts-app-icon.png
apple-music-app-icon.png

I've recently increased my daily commute to work to somewhere between 40 minutes (to work) and an hour (from work). As a result, I've steadily increased my consumption of podcasts. I do miss listening to the amount of music I used to do, but I've become a podcast addict.

Do you use Music or Podcasts more?

Or do you live in the most coveted of positions, the ethereal "Balance?"

I really go in waves. Podcasts are great because it's something fresh. But other times I'm just not in the mood to learn and I want to flood myself with music. As I'm growing older I know I listen to podcasts far more however. What podcasts do you listen to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really go in waves. Podcasts are great because it's something fresh. But other times I'm just not in the mood to learn and I want to flood myself with music. As I'm growing older I know I listen to podcasts far more however. What podcasts do you listen to?

Yeah, I've been hitting the podcasts pretty hard recently, and I'm worried I'm going to burn out, so I'm intentionally 'forcing' myself to listen to music occasionally on my commutes.

Podcasts I listen to, from most favorite to least:

Philosophy Bites
Open Account with SuChin Pak
Slate's Political Gabfest
Ted Radio Hour
All Songs Considered
Death, Sex and Money
Song Exploder
Fresh Air

and I just started The Art of Charm, but I haven't heard enough of it to decided whether I like it or not.

What about you?

Yeah, I've been hitting the podcasts pretty hard recently, and I'm worried I'm going to burn out, so I'm intentionally 'forcing' myself to listen to music occasionally on my commutes.

Podcasts I listen to, from most favorite to least:

Philosophy Bites
Open Account with SuChin Pak
Slate's Political Gabfest
Ted Radio Hour
All Songs Considered
Death, Sex and Money
Song Exploder
Fresh Air

and I just started The Art of Charm, but I haven't heard enough of it to decided whether I like it or not.

What about you?

I really like educational/trivia/humor podcasts such as

• Stuff You Should Know

• Sawbones: A Marital Guide of Misguided Medicine

• StarTalk with Neil Degrasse Tysone

• Good Job, Brain!

How's Philosophy Bites? It sounds interesting! [emoji4]

Stuff You Should Know is on my list for when I don't have a massive pileup of podcasts I haven't listened to.

Philosophy Bites is usually a discussion on the Philosophy of things that we tend to deal with in the modern era, although it almost always has references and discussions about older Philosophical thoughts. It opened my mind to some of the most fascinating concepts that I never thought of. It got me enthused about Philosophy in general, so I STRONGLY reccomend it.

Stuff You Should Know is on my list for when I don't have a massive pileup of podcasts I haven't listened to.

Philosophy Bites is usually a discussion on the Philosophy of things that we tend to deal with in the modern era, although it almost always has references and discussions about older Philosophical thoughts. It opened my mind to some of the most fascinating concepts that I never thought of. It got me enthused about Philosophy in general, so I STRONGLY reccomend it.

SYSK is my massive pile up of podcasts, haha. They have about 800+ at this point so it's awesome. Seriously no matter what the subject is I'm happy I learned something new by the end of it.

I listen to podcasts on the way to school such as "we hate movies" or the "mo and Sally morning show". It actually passes time quickly.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I listen to podcasts on the way to school such as "we hate movies" or the "mo and Sally morning show". It actually passes time quickly.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
I never heard of We Hate Movies. It sounds pretty funny. I just subscribed to it.