What's new

multitasking

marnoldi

Reaction score
How can I tell which app runs in the background if they are in multitasking section , i wish there was a symbol on the app in that field - i don't want too many apps runing & slow up my phone
:appstore:

How can I tell which app runs in the background if they are in multitasking section , i wish there was a symbol on the app in that field - i don't want too many apps runing & slow up my phone
:appstore:

So close it one by one in the background:) , but since you close they stay sleeping so no worry will not affect the speed of your device

I think this is a really misunderstood subject. Apple allows VERY few things run in the background so far the only thing really running in the background is audio such as pandora. As soon as you stop pandora from playing it instantly goes into the freeze mode and will not affect your phones battery/speed. The "multitasking" bar is pretty much all the recent apps you have used and that are frozen in a spot for you to come back to. So no need to close them out or worry about speed issues. The Frozen apps all start back to where you left them it doesn't matter if you open it with the multitask bar or the regular location. (now alot of apps still don't support fast app switching yet so don't get too confused is some don't open back to the same spot yet)

Last edited:
Yes it is, also apps auto close after 10 minutes which I hate. I know it's for safety and to save battery but you should be able to make ones you want never turn off like colloquy

Yes it is, also apps auto close after 10 minutes which I hate. I know it's for safety and to save battery but you should be able to make ones you want never turn off like colloquy

Im thinking the 10min is going to be set per app... Just like pandora if its playing it will play forever......When skype comes out it will havetoo stay active or it will be worthless. It will be interesting to see but I think as apps more and more want to use these features the "multitasking" will really improve! This reminds me of OS3.0 I checked itunes everyday for apps that got push notifications...LOL

I have colloquy and it gives me warning after 10 minutes, so I went into the colloquy support channel and they said to me itts something apple do with all apps for those reasons..