What's new

Move to TMobile from AT&T

JimmyFL

Reaction score
Hi all .
I have 2 Iphones 6 plus with att and I want to move to TMobile ..
Do I have to unlock the phones ?

Thanks

Hi all .
I have 2 Iphones 6 plus with att and I want to move to TMobile ..
Do I have to unlock the phones ?

Thanks
Yes, you’ll have to get the iPhones unlocked before you can use them with T-Mobile.

ATT is really good, if your contract is up they will send you a link for free and ta-dah, unlocked. I had to wait 24 hrs though, but really easy.

This is the last month of the contract ..
Should I call and ask them ...?

Thanks .

Like bear said wait till your contract is 100% over then call AT&T. You don't need to explain why you want your iPhone unlocked. If they give you smack about unlocking it, ask the AT&T operator their name and ID number. Then let them know your filing a complaint with the FCC.

AT&T gave me smack and said they couldn't unlock my 5s until I told them it's illegal once the phone is paid off and I'll be submitting a complaint to the FCC. Once I brought up the FCC, that got their attention and they directed me to a webpage to submit my iPhone for unlocking. Stinks I had to threaten them with submitting a FCC complaint before they would follow the law!

Like bear said wait till your contract is 100% over then call AT&T. You don't need to explain why you want your iPhone unlocked. If they give you smack about unlocking it, ask the AT&T operator their name and ID number. Then let them know your filing a complaint with the FCC.

AT&T gave me smack and said they couldn't unlock my 5s until I told them it's illegal once the phone is paid off and I'll be submitting a complaint to the FCC. Once I brought up the FCC, that got their attention and they directed me to a webpage to submit my iPhone for unlocking. Stinks I had to threaten them with submitting a FCC complaint before they would follow the law!

Thanks all.
I have another question ..
Should I wait till Iphone 8 comes out then move to Tmobile with some discount deal for the fone ,
or move over now with my own fone S6+ "The fones are still in very good shape" ?

Contract, what’s a contract? All the years I’ve had a cell phone, I’ve only had two carriers. The first was Verizon and my present is at&t. Now with at&t through consumer cellular, like their ads say, no contracts, is a true statement.