What's new

Move pics from Google to iPhone

sing.praises

Reaction score
I just moved to the iPhone 6. All pictures on my Android were in the Google Pictures app. Is there a way to move all those pictures and albums to the iPhone picture app? I would like to have all the old and new pictures in one place.
Thanks.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, sing.praises!

There's a Google Photos app for iPhone. If you install it, you can access and load the images from there to your Photos app on the iPhone, if you saved them to Google Photos.

There's also the "Move to iOS" app in Google Play Store, which will help you transfer photos to the iPhone. Here are the instructions:
Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Thanks. Both apps are loaded on my phone. What I really need to know (guess I should have been more specific) is if there is a way to do a "dump" to move all the pictures and albums "as is" to the Photos app.

"Move to iOS" should move them all at once.

There's a method to get photos from Google Photos to your iPhone, without importing them one by one. At the top, you should find three dots at the right. (1) Tap it, a menu will appear. Choose "Select photos" (2).
image.jpeg

Scroll to the beginning of a day or month, tap the button there (1):
image.jpeg

This will automatically checkmark all of your images of that day/month. Do this for every month. Then select the Share icon at the top (2).
The next screen will show the option to save the images to Photos on your iPhone:
image.jpeg

That's what you have to choose, to get them to your iPhone.

Last edited:
"Move to iOS" should move them all at once.

There's a method to get photos from Google Photos to your iPhone, without importing them one by one. At the top, you should find three dots at the right. (1) Tap it, a menu will appear. Choose "Select photos" (2).
View attachment 26739
Scroll to the beginning of a day or month, tap the button there (1):
View attachment 26740
This will automatically checkmark all of your images of that day/month. Do this for every month. Then select the Share icon at the top (2).
The next screen will show the option to save the images to Photos on your iPhone:
View attachment 26741
That's what you have to choose, to get them to your iPhone.