What's new

Motherboard replacement

CraigD

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum looking for some help. I have an iPhone 6 with a fried chip. I'm told by a micro engineer that it's irreparable and the only solution is to replace the unit. If I bought a unit for spares and repair, would it be feasible to use the motherboard and replace?

Has the warranty expired yet? If not, damage like this is covered under the standard warranty.

Hi, new to this forum looking for some help. I have an iPhone 6 with a fried chip. I'm told by a micro engineer that it's irreparable and the only solution is to replace the unit. If I bought a unit for spares and repair, would it be feasible to use the motherboard and replace?

I'm just curious, how did you fry the chip? As stated above by SciFan, it's more than likely covered by Apple.

Thanks for your response scifan57 but the screen was replaced by a non authorised engineer and this nullifies the warranty.

Wondering about the expertise and veracity of your non-authorized engineer. Perhaps a discussion would help him share the cost of repair with you as chip frying is not typical under normal use.