What's new

More Than Half of Intended iPhone X Buyers Opt for 256GB Storage

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone X buyers opt for 256GB storage.JPG

According to a new survey from RBC Capital Markets, via MacRumors, the 256GB storage option for the iPhone X is proving to be the most popular among prospective owners.

RBC Capital Markets surveyed 832 people, and found that 28% of them said that they would be purchasing an iPhone X. A further 20% of those who responded to the survey said that they intended to buy an iPhone 8 Plus, and 17% said that they wanted to buy an iPhone 8.

Interestingly, a sizeable chunk of those interviewed said that they would be buying one of the older iPhone models that are still on sale, with 35% saying that they intended to purchase an iPhone 6s or iPhone 7 Plus.

RBC Capital Markets also found that 43% of those prospective buyers who were only interested in purchasing an iPhone would be buying an iPhone X, and 32% were opting for an iPhone 8 Plus.

Of those prospective customers who expressed their intention to buy an iPhone X, 57% said that they would go for the 256GB model, with 43% opting to buy the 64GB model.

Source: Over Half of Prospective iPhone X Buyers Surveyed Plan to Choose 256GB Storage

The two size options should have been 128 and 256 or 256 and 512.... anyone trying to get away with 64 gb should be ashamed of themselves.

Not that l will be buying one but what’s the price difference between 64 and 128
thanks

I think I remember reading somewhere that the larger ssd storage becomes the less reliable it is. But I have never seen hard proof of this.

Shouldn't be. As a storage device gets larger the operating system (file system) has to use larger chunks foreach addressable storage location. A true 64 bit system can access more memory locations than a 32 bit system so should be able to access smaller 'chunks' which helps SSD life. The number of memory writes are limited on the current technology (still a whole lot, no issues at multiples of expected device life) but more memory means, unless maxed out with data and constantly or continually rewriting, that the memory controller can spread the wealth, so to say, and not rewrite the same location very often if at all. This should make more memory more reliable not less.