What's new

monitor text and track phone

aggie90

Reaction score
is there an ap to monitor a teens phone without jailbreaking the phone

aggie90 said:

Only if you install a spy app but that would be illegal as it breaks the teen's piracy.

aggie90 said:

you can't eave's drop, and if you could and got caught, imagine the betrayal of privacy felt by the teen - teens are a nightmare worry, i'm glad my kids are out of the other side unscathed, now i worry about the grandkids

you could register the phone with a 'find my phone' app but kids today are smart, it will be spotted ad disabled.

AT&T has family map to track where your teen is. It will notify them that they can be tracked at any time.

Personally, I'm not really concerned with my children's privacy...my job as a parent is specifically to monitor them and keep them safe from harm. I need an app that will let me read their txt messages, not because I want to be nosy, or interfere with their teen lives, but because I want to make sure there is nothing happening that will get them in trouble. I'll worry about my kid's feelings of betrayal when they worry about their own children's feelings of betrayal.

So, is there something out there that will allow me to monitor what is being sent and received through txt/sms? Preferably without costing an arm and a leg, and doesn't require jailbreaking?

Personally, I'm not really concerned with my children's privacy...my job as a parent is specifically to monitor them and keep them safe from harm. I need an app that will let me read their txt messages, not because I want to be nosy, or interfere with their teen lives, but because I want to make sure there is nothing happening that will get them in trouble. I'll worry about my kid's feelings of betrayal when they worry about their own children's feelings of betrayal.

So, is there something out there that will allow me to monitor what is being sent and received through txt/sms? Preferably without costing an arm and a leg, and doesn't require jailbreaking?

I totally agree with you.

Last edited:
I don't know if this will help but when I gave my daughter (now 13), I told her that I wanted to check her texts and emails before clearing them off of her phone and if she didn't she was never going to get her phone back. I asked to see her texts a few times and now she brings me her phone to check. Not high tech but works. I also can look at the bill online and see how much she is texting and compare it with what I'm seeing on her phone. I am not concerned as much about what she's saying but more so of who she is texting. It's worked out great here and she dosnt feel like I'm invading her privacy and understands why I do it. I know I have a weird teen.

iPhone of course