What's new

monitor help

calexcyou

Reaction score
hello, everybody, glad i joined , i already picked up alot of usefull info on here, i do have a question, is there a free app to monitor my mom, she is 88 and when i am in the other room i like to see what she is up to, i have tried dozens of apps, and they just dont work , (skype,google video, baby3, iwatch,third eye ) i just what to place my small laptop in the room and monitor with my phone, please help..thanks alex

calexcyou said:
hello, everybody, glad i joined , i already picked up alot of usefull info on here, i do have a question, is there a free app to monitor my mom, she is 88 and when i am in the other room i like to see what she is up to, i have tried dozens of apps, and they just dont work , (skype,google video, baby3, iwatch,third eye ) i just what to place my small laptop in the room and monitor with my phone, please help..thanks alex

What exactly are you trying to monitor?

What she is doing on the device?

If her device was jailbroken, then you can install tweaks that offer somewhat of a monitoring service...but it depends what *exactly* you are trying to monitor.

Video monitoring. IE watching her thru a video feed.

calexcyou said:
Thanks , but like a remote app

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Yeah...I think we get that part...but what exactly are you trying to monitor?

What apps she uses..how often she uses them? safari history, etc?

zig9449 said:
Yeah...I think we get that part...but what exactly are you trying to monitor?

What apps she uses..how often she uses them? safari history, etc?

She is not using any aps ,I just what a simple app to monitor her. ....... So I can use with my phone

calexcyou said:
She is not using any aps ,I just what a simple app to monitor her. ....... So I can use with my phone

I still don't get it really. Sorry. :/

If she is in the same house you are..then why would you need an app to monitor her...when she is so many feet away from you...or a room way from you?

My personal suggestion is to get a dedicated system. You have several choices for under $80 on Amazon. Including one that works with the iPhone directly. Just go to Amazon's Baby Safety Products and then type in Video Monitor in the search bar.

And the only reason I even know about these is because my third grandchild is due next month.

zig9449 said:
I still don't get it really. Sorry. :/

If she is in the same house you are..then why would you need an app to monitor her...when she is so many feet away from you...or a room way from you?

My mom is 86 and I take car of her she has alzhiemers that why I need a monitor of I am cooking for her or just cleaning up

calexcyou said:
My mom is 86 and I take car of her she has alzhiemers that why I need a monitor of I am cooking for her or just cleaning up

Okay....I see....well I truly have no knowledge of such an application.

Have you considered a baby mobitor?

use a laptop. open the webcam and point it to her. install team viewer on laptop and iphone (free version) then open your phone. youll see in your iphone what you see on your laptop screen (the webcam running). this needs internet connection. hope this helps. idk what other alternative there is.

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk

view2darrel said:
use a laptop. open the webcam and point it to her. install team viewer on laptop and iphone (free version) then open your phone. youll see in your iphone what you see on your laptop screen (the webcam running). this needs internet connection. hope this helps. idk what other alternative there is.

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk

Yes thanks? Ido have have team viewer, just thought there may be something else out there