What's new

Mobile Substrate not working iOS 5.0 iPhone 4 GSM

kris34ish

Reaction score
I have tried rejailbreaking my iPhone 4 several times using redsn0w 0.9.10b2, redsn0w 0.9.10b3 & redsn0w 0.9.10b4. Still nothing has worked any help is appreciated.

Try upgrading to iOS 5.0.1 and re jailbreaking with redsn0w. Make sure to backup and save your blobs..... Be careful...

I think i found a different way to do it, I went to redsn0w and rajailbroke my iPhone then did the just boot option and that fixed it.

That's still really not a good thing that you have to boot tethered just to use your phone..........I highly recommend that you restore ans SETUP AS NEW and most certainly NOT from any backup of any kind.............Not from iTunes or iCloud..................And make sure you are on the latest iOS.............Which is 5.0.1......But if iTunes ask you to update to 5.0.2 or 5.1..DO not so or you will be stuck there with no jailb reak unless you saved blobs..........I recxommend you use iFazith version 1.4.1......Tiny Umbrella works too, but I like iFaith better........

Even with tethered boot, you can just go into Cydia and install the package corona. That is a untether for tethered jailbreaks that doesn't require a computer to install!