What's new

Missing Headphone Jack: Do You Care?

Do you care that Apple did away with the headphone jack on the iPhone 7?

• YES! How do I use my earbuds? Stupid Apple!

• NO! I haven't used that thing in years!

• Apple did what?!

Results are only viewable after voting.
News articles are written in a way designed to maximize the number of readers and watchers, leading to sensationalized news stories.
Yeah I know. It's funny that I haven't met anyone that is getting an iPhone 7 or that want one that even cares that it has no jack.

I dont mind it, or at lest I think I wont. At work I listen to music 9 hours a day, I use my work macbook pro to do so. in my car I use bluetooth, so for now I am good. I am going to try the earphones that come with the phone (will be the first time in years ive opened the supplied earphones) and see what they are like.

I dont want to give up my current headphones I paid £116 for them, but they have lasted 3 years so far.

Phone arrives 16th and thats probably the first thing ill check

I was telling someone last Friday that I was waiting for iPhone 7 and she said "OH is that the one that now has no headphone jack ".
Technically speaking, the iPhone 7 does have a headphone jack. It's now digital, not analogue, and combined with the Lightning connector. So now you get digital sound directly to the headphones for the first time.

I was telling someone last Friday that I was waiting for iPhone 7 and she said "OH is that the one that now has no headphone jack ".

I think my answer to that would have been "It has one. It just looks a bit different."

Just goes to show though..... Instead of saying what a great phone it is some people are going straight to the "issue" of the headphone jack.

I am betting apple will go completely wireless with no lightening connector either at some point in the future

The talking heads are still raging about this and saying it's a huge mistake by Apple. Really? WTH(eck) is wrong with these dummies?
Some mistake eh! Apple can't make these phones fast enough to keep up with orders.