What's new

Million dollar Apple questions

Koidesh

Reaction score
As the nature of people, we all have suggestions and ideas on everything. We all have different tastes and opinions on every aspect of life. Self understood it is impossible for a company to take all suggestions of people because it's a never ending game. However people can give feedbacks and the company decides which thing is the most suggested and requested.

As an old apple lover and user I have 2 big questions on Apple, and as many times I have asked about it the questions gets bigger. Apple is good on most of its things but there's TWO very important things they SUCK at it. It's interesting that such a giant couldn't improve it as iOS has already turned 8.

Stock email sucks.

I always see people refreshing their email as they look forward for a new mail. Why in the big world can't they make push email as a sms? There's a Push option in settings that you can turn on but it works like the Close button in a elevator.. And the question gets more serious when there's other client emails that does the job perfect. For instance: Gmail or Mailbox. The email pops in over there instantly. As a side note the user friendly of the stock app is below zero. Compared to the Gmail app where you can switch to send or draft so smoothly with the left column, whereas the stock app it's a whole process to switch options.

Typing editing is HELL.

Everyone complains about it, you have to use the big zoom ball to find the exact spot where you can pinpoint the letter you want to edit. It's atrocious. On other platforms it works like melted butter. Apple never improved it since the debut of iPhone in 2008.

I will leave you with one more thing that annoys every damn iPhone user. Call logs are limited. You don't wanna make it bigger because it uses storage? At least make it optional with a setting!!!

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Koidesh!

If you want Apple to know about your ideas, tell it to them:
Apple - iPhone - Feedback

iPhoneForums is a community of members who discuss the iPhone. We are not affiliated with Apple.

If you don't like the way the built in keyboard works: with installing iOS 8, you're able to download other ones, like Swiftkey, ...
I accept that you don't like the magnifying glass. I like this feature, tbh. It shows me exactly where I am with my cursor when I have to edit a word. You don't find this on an Android.

I have used an Android (SGS 3) before I purchased my iPhone 6 plus. I didn't like the email app there. I ended up using the built in Mail app on my iPad (it works the same way as on the iPhone) and removing the accounts on the Android.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Btw a iPhone is not a diamond so you don't need a magnifying glass, you just need a simple method like android has. You can just edit it with your finger tips

And as far as email you haven't addressed the problem of push email. It's not a matter of 'Like' its a matter of a fact. It just doesn't do the job right.

My thoughts are that Android is Android and IOS is IOS, They are different....Thats the idea!

If you have an iPhone 6/6+ you can turn your phone to landscape orientation and you'll see arrow keys that will help you move the cursor for better editing. I bought the Apple Wireless Keyboard and paired it with my iPhone to provide easier typing.

That's a small relief. And you can only go from right to left or vise versa.

Oh, there's also dictation. When I'm out of the house I don't even bother with the keyboard, I just tap the microphone button and talk to my phone to enter text, it learns and improves the more you use the feature.