What's new

Messaging apps

Reaction score
iPhone 6
Is there a way to find which apps on my phone are messaging apps? I can silence the one titled "Messages," but I still get a messaging tone. Can't find the message.

There are a few apps that can play a sound when something new is "arriving". This could be an email account, or any other app.
Did you take a look at your notifications (Settings - Notifications)? Apps that have a sound chosen, or "Sound" enabled, could be the ones you hear.

There are a few apps that can play a sound when something new is "arriving". This could be an email account, or any other app.
Did you take a look at your notifications (Settings - Notifications)? Apps that have a sound chosen, or "Sound" enabled, could be the ones you hear.

Sorry for the slow reply. AFAIK, I've done that. Found the OEM messaging app and Alarmed. Changed teh sound but still getting the original messaging sound 1-2 times a day. Any way to find all apps that have access to messaging? Any way to sort tones so I get a list of all apps using a single tone?

That's not possible, afaik.

Another place to look at is Settings - Sounds - Sounds and vibration patterns. Maybe one of these is using it.