What's new

Messages not coming to the iPhone 4 !!!!!!

keyboard

Reaction score
Hi
I was always getting txt messages on my iPhone 4....I have purchased a MacBook Air a couple of months ago..Everything worked perfect !!!.. And now all of a sudden, all my txts are coming to the MacBook Air only...I am not getting any txts to the iPhone....

What did I do?

How can I fix this ?

Can I get the txts to the iPhone and the MacBook Air at the same time?

Please advise

Ron

I assume you mean iMessages? You can get iMessages to your phone & MacBook together.
First, make sure you haven't accidentally turned off your cell data - go to Settings, tap Cellular, & make sure Cellular Data and Enable 3G are both turned on.
If they are, make sure you're signed in to iMessage - I had the same problem today and discovered I'd somehow logged out of iMessage with my Apple ID. Significantly, there was nothing to tell me this - iMessage was turned on, messages just weren't arriving though!
Try this: On your phone, go to Settings & tap Messages. Toggle iMessage to off. Close Settings - double tap the Home button & slide the Settings page up to close it (in IOS7).
Go to Settings & tap Messages again. Toggle iMessage to on. The message "Waiting for activation" will appear, and below it, if you're not signed in with your Apple ID, it will say, " Use your Apple ID for iMessage". Tap this, enter your Apple ID and password, and tap Sign In. It will then display all the phone numbers & email addresses associated with your Apple ID - make sure your mobile phone number (sorry, cell number if you're in the US) is ticked! Tap Next.
Tap "Send and Receive" - you can choose to unselect addresses you want to use for iMessage, but don't unselect your cell phone number! A box should pop up on your MacBook saying a new device has been added (your iPhone).
If your messages are coming. to your MacBook already, you shouldn't have to set it up again on MacBook.
Hoping this works for you!