What's new

Message Effects, How to ....

cover

Reaction score
I'm kicking myself for falling into the trap of 'upgrading' my IOS recently - can someone PLEASE TELL ME how to turn off the message 'effects. I did the "Open Settings/General/Accessibility/Reduce Motion" thing and yet they still occasionally come back on their own. This is getting extremely embarrassing "sent with gentle effect" where work colleagues are concerned and I think Apple should stop what they're doing to explain to users HOW TO TURN THAT 'EXPERIENCE' SHUT OFF. I would prefer to never see effects again. Is there a way to get back to my previous op-sys OR some patch I can place on 10.2 to rid myself of these worthless, embarrassing 'experiences'? TIA

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Did you just turn on Reduce Motion, or did you also disable Auto-Play Message Effects?
IMG_9549.jpg

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Did you just turn on Reduce Motion, or did you also disable Auto-Play Message Effects?
View attachment 29388

Did both, as you pointed to. Seems to work when texting other updated op sys phones but falls back to 'effects' when texting older IOS iphones. It's getting embarrassing as heck and I'd REALLY like to shut it off.