What's new

Memory reaches 16gb

trucougar

Reaction score
When the memory reaches 16gb, does it slow the phone down? Or when your memory is almost max out

No I don't think so. The only time your phone will slow down is if you run out of RAM memory and in that case all you need to do is a hard reset to clear your RAM buffers, caches, etc. Your 16 gbs is just for storage so you just won't be able to download anything once its maxed.

When the memory reaches 16gb, does it slow the phone down? Or when your memory is almost max out

Yes, you phone will run slower than normal when the memory is running out. It will start bugging lot also, and that's how you will come to understand that there is something wrong going on in the device. At least I will say my iPhone bug a lot and respond very slower whenever I have full memory after making heavier videos.

How do you clear the cookies, temporary files on the iphone just like you can on your computer? I used to be able to do this on my droid and blackberry's. Is it even possible? Thanks

Ok, thanks. I will try that. With doing a hard reset what will i loose by doing this because i am jb and i dont want to loose any apps, contacts etc...

Last edited:
How do you clear the cookies, temporary files on the iphone just like you can on your computer? I used to be able to do this on my droid and blackberry's. Is it even possible? Thanks

If you are talking about safari go to settings> safari/ scroll down and clear all over there.