What's new

Mail

Thank you, this is my question, too. Will change my verizon setting..

Where is the setting "not to save on server"?

Not sure if they changed it but it should be under Account Settings -> Server Settings, then under "Delete email from server" change it from "Never" to something like "When I delete from Inbox" or something like that.

Not sure if they changed it but it should be under Account Settings -> Server Settings, then under "Delete email from server" change it from "Never" to something like "When I delete from Inbox" or something like that.

Settings on the iPhone or PC Email?

Thank you

Hi, All;

My previous phone was a BB, which allowed me to delete e-mail from the server after I read it, so, I , too, was looking for a way to do the same with the iPhone 4s. It appears that the "problem" lies with who's version of the phone, and who's e-mail you have (Verizon phone, ATT phone, etc). My phone/service is w/ ATT. I spoke and worked extensively w/ an ATT tech rep, trying to figure out how to do this. He even called me back later, to explain that he spent time Googl-ing the question! According to this techie, ATT's version does NOT have settings that allow you to configure "delete e-mail from server after being read." I happen to have Verizon e-mail, which does have settings for deleteing e-mail. However, it's not available to me, 'cause I have an ATT iPhone. So, I have to put up w/ this. Even when I delete e-mail from my home computer, it will still show up when I download mail onto my iPhone. Maybe the iPhone 5 has fixed this problem. Or, maybe, it would help to have the e-mail carrier the same as who sold you the phone...... Hope this helps.