What's new

Mail sent from iPhone; address turns into rubbish

ArnsteinB

Reaction score
Mail sent from iPhone (5S) or iPad; address turns into rubbish. See image.
It is the same whoever he send to.
I'm not a Appleguy. I ask for a friend that is. He don't know much about his data equipment.
When he send me mail from his iMac, the problem don't occur.

iPhone-epost-tull.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to iPhoneForums, ArnsteinB!

If the email addresses display properly in the Contacts app on your iPhone, the "culprit" causing your problem should be found in the software you use on your computer.
There's not really much you can do on the iPhone's settings, except for entering the addresses, or saving them to Contacts from an email. You could try deleting the contact/s from your iPhone and adding them again.
If this doesn't solve your problem, you'll have to take a look at the account online, if this is possible, or at the software on your PC (Outlook?).

Welcome to iPhoneForums, ArnsteinB!

If the email addresses display properly in the Contacts app on your iPhone, the "culprit" causing your problem should be found in the software you use on your computer.
There's not really much you can do on the iPhone's settings, except for entering the addresses, or saving them to Contacts from an email. You could try deleting the contact/s from your iPhone and adding them again.
If this doesn't solve your problem, you'll have to take a look at the account online, if this is possible, or at the software on your PC (Outlook?).

Thanks for tips, but everyone he send mail to experience the same problem, so the problem can't be in receivers end. He has deleted the acount several times, and added it again. Same problem each time. I have sent the question to our webhotel/mailserver too, but I don't think the problem are there.

If he can access the account using a browser, he should take a look at it's settings online.

If he can access the account using a browser, he should take a look at it's settings online.

You mean these settigs..? (These are mine, not my colleague's)

Last edited by a moderator:
In the interests of safety on the Internet I've deleted your screenshots as they revealed your full email address. If you wish, you are free to re-post the screenshots with your personal info obscured.

Last edited:
She means use a computer to look at his email program settings as the problem is probably there and not on his phone settings.