What's new

Mail reverts to homescreen

freddmc

Reaction score
I have an iphone 6 that recently started to automatically reverts to the home screen after about 20-30 seconds. When you select mail it works as normal but then after 20-30 seconds goes back to the home screen. I have tried rebooting but that doesn't affect anything. I have the latest os download but this problem appeared before I did that.

Thanks

Fred

Hi freddmc, You could try a hard reset of the phone. Just hold the Home Button and the ON/Off Button together for about ten seconds until the Apple logo appears - then release. The device will restart and hopefully will stop crashing in Mail mode.

Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software is iOS 10.2. If you updated over the air (via Settings - General - Software Update), use iTunes to restore it. This will install a completely fresh software version on your iPhone.

Make sure you have a most recent backup before restoring.

Hi again, I have been checking on the Apple Community's Forum and this problem with Mail does appear to be some kind of bug. Hopefully it will get fixed in a future update.

Before you restore, you might try Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

It sounds like your issue lies within the firmware. Consider doing a full restore and setting up the iPhone as new and not using a backup. Restoring from a backup can sometimes bring over old problems.