What's new

Macro Mode.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an app to get photos in Macro Mode?

Camera Plus is an app that offers macro photography. This was the closest I could get to my orchid without getting a blurry or weird image.
IMG_1662.JPG

That's about 3 cm in reality.

The app is not free.

Camera Plus is an app that offers macro photography. This was the closest I could get to my orchid without getting a blurry or weird image.
View attachment 31459

The app is not free.
I'll have a look at that.
Thank you :)

View attachment 31459

The app is not free.
Not too bad at £2.99.

Is it easy to use?

Last edited:
I tried it once, just to get the image above. Zooming in and focussing works the same way as with the built in Camera app. Finding Macro mode wasn't as easy, mostly because I couldn't find a description. You have to tap on the screen, then you'll see a circle with "Normal" written above it. When you slide upwards, you'll find "Macro", downwards it'll be "Far".

I tried it once, just to get the image above. Zooming in and focussing works the same way as with the built in Camera app. Finding Macro mode wasn't as easy, mostly because I couldn't find a description. You have to tap on the screen, then you'll see a circle with "Normal" written above it. When you slide upwards, you'll find "Macro", downwards it'll be "Far".
Ok, I'll hang on for more input should there be any :)

The app has a level (can be disabled by tapping), and what might be more interesting, a stabilizer. To find that, tap the icon that looks like a gear. There are a few other settings as well, which I haven't tried yet.
IMG_0086.JPG

I downloaded it a while ago when it was the free app of the week. Today was the first time I tried it. After I learn how to access and use the features it looks like it will take nice close ups.