What's new

macOS Sierra

2 MBPs, and...? What's the third?
3 MacBook Pros, the oldest being from 2011.
My oldest Mac, which can't be upgraded, is a 2001 iMac Snow running OS X Tiger 10.4.11 and OS 9.2.2.
My early 2008 15" MacBook Pro just missed the update. El Capitan is the latest it can run.
I also have a late 2006 white MacBook running OS X Lion, which is unusual in that it's the Japanese version with the Japanese keyboard.

Last edited:
It's time I started taking this backup/create an installer business a bit more seriously.

I may follow your lead this time @ardchoille

EDIT: Hmmm. Did that link just get edited in, or did I miss it when I read your post first time?

Either way. Thanks.

I already backed up to an external hard drive but I may hold off and until things calm down.

It's time I started taking this backup/create an installer business a bit more seriously.

I may follow your lead this time @ardchoille

EDIT: Hmmm. Did that link just get edited in, or did I miss it when I read your post first time?

Either way. Thanks.
Yeah, I went back to add the link in, I felt it was important and I hope the staff allow it to stay. Those instructions are directly from Apple and I have been using them since Yosemite, it works great.

If you use Onyx, btw, don't forget to update it for the new OS.

It's important to use the version that's written for your specific OS.
Oh, yes, I love Onyx and will definitely download the new version when it's available. I'm glad you mentioned that.

Last edited:
I don't see Sierra listed in the App Store. Under "Apps Made by Apple", as I checked yesterday, El Capitan was listed, but today it is no longer in that list. However, Sierra is not there either, only OS X Server is listed now.

I found a listing for Sierra by doing a search. However, given how easy things can be faked these days, I'm not sure I trust that app as being the actual macOS Sierra from Apple. Should I wait until it's listed under Apps Made by Apple?

I don't see it here either, I would wait for it to appear in the app store.

I would wait. The current OS usually appears as the first item in the menu.

Talking of OS X Server, I'm wondering about getting the server version when I eventually buy a Mini. Any thoughts?