What's new

MacBook Pro Retina

YAY....Ordered my new MacBook Pro Retina today, should arrive next week, Very excited :)
Congratulations, Poisonivy, I hope you enjoy your new MacBook Pro Retina as much as I did when I got mine last spring.

When yours arrives, don't forget to check for the free iWork and iLife apps.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Congratulations, Poisonivy, I hope you enjoy your new MacBook Pro Retina as much as I did when I got mine last spring.

When yours arrives, don't forget to check for the free iWork and iLife apps.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator
Will do......The shop I'm buying it from is going to transfer all my stuff and wipe the old one ready for selling for a small fee, It will be ready to go when i get it home, I'm glad i don't have to do it.

Good choice! That's the same model I'm saving for.

I'm looking at my old one and feeling a bit sad that it has to go .......Women eh lol!!!

I wonder if your old one could serve as a book reader or something. That's the pack rat in me talking :)

I wonder if your old one could serve as a book reader or something. That's the pack rat in me talking :)
No it has to go, Should get a decent price for it.

Congrats :) what size, model did you go for in the end? the retinas with the SSD as default will be lightening quick, gotta love the speed

Congrats :) what size, model did you go for in the end? the retinas with the SSD as default will be lightening quick, gotta love the speed
I ordered the 13" model with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, It hasn't arrived yet at the shop though, Supposed to be 4-7 days and its 7 days now, The Apple store have stock but i got a good deal with the authorised dealer, I'll see if it arrives tomorrow.

I ordered the 13" model with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, It hasn't arrived yet at the shop though, Supposed to be 4-7 days and its 7 days now, The Apple store have stock but i got a good deal with the authorised dealer, I'll see if it arrives tomorrow.

I hate knowing the arrival date, it makes time slow to a crawl, lol.

I hate knowing the arrival date, it makes time slow to a crawl, lol.
If it hasn't been dispatched to the store by tomorrow then they lost a sale, I'll make the journey to my nearest Apple store, they had stock up to last night.

you will love the speed of a SSD... so fast and gives you 5 second boot times which is great.

was it dispatched ? im sure they will eventually come up with a way to start them up instantly like on the iPad that has been set to sleep by closing the cover

was it dispatched ? im sure they will eventually come up with a way to start them up instantly like on the iPad that has been set to sleep by closing the cover
No still no sign of it, If they don't have it in for me by Wednesday i'll cancel and get one from elsewhere, I have used this shop before and usually they are reliable but not so this time.