What's new

Mac and iPhone 5s not syncing alerts in Calendar

Michael Graubart

Reaction score
I sync my Mac (OS 10.8.5) and iPhone 5s (iOS 9.2.1) through iTunes. In iTunes I have made sure that all calendars are set to sync.

Events in Calendar sync correctly both ways, except that alerts do not sync at all either way. (With my old iPhone 3g, alerts synced from the Mac to the phone, but not from the phone to the Mac. With my new iPhone 5g alerts do not sync at all.) I have checked through all settings both in the phone and in iTunes on the Mac.

I should be most grateful for any help in rectifying this failure to sync alerts.

I sync my Mac (OS 10.8.5) and iPhone 5s (iOS 9.2.1) through iTunes. In iTunes I have made sure that all calendars are set to sync.

Events in Calendar sync correctly both ways, except that alerts do not sync at all either way. (With my old iPhone 3g, alerts synced from the Mac to the phone, but not from the phone to the Mac. With my new iPhone 5g alerts do not sync at all.) I have checked through all settings both in the phone and in iTunes on the Mac.

I should be most grateful for any help in rectifying this failure to sync alerts.

I have to reply to myself. I was wrong. My new phone behaves exactly like my 3g one did: alerts are synced from my Mac to my phone, but not from my phone to my Mac. For some reason I misread the situation before I posted. I do not have a problem any more with this.