What's new

Lte hits parts of broward county florida

chubaka

Reaction score
3yge5e8a.jpg

This is in Pompano beach. Powerline rd and Martin Luther King blvd.

I heard reports from others that parts of Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale and Miami are starting to go up.

I'm in Miami Springs and had LTE for 1 hour today at home. Download speed was 6mbps. Then it vanished. Seems like they are still testing.

???

I hope it goes live soon.

I'm in Miami Springs and had LTE for 1 hour today at home. Download speed was 6mbps. Then it vanished. Seems like they are still testing.

???

I hope it goes live soon.

Yes, they are still testing, so signals will be in and out in some areas. We still have a long way to go in broward and dade. Will see if they can finish by the end of the year.

We had LTE on and off for about 3 hours today. Works great when it is on.

I hope it is testing and comes on soon because the 3G service is terrible.

I don't think that they are working to get us covered very quickly. I don't know about Miami, but I can speak about Pompano Beach. I only know of one tower that has lte. I base that from driving around. Parts of Fort Lauderdale and hollywood are up , but only a tower here and there. According to credible reports, Miami, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, pompano beach, Deerfield, and some other cities throughout Florida are suppose to be operational "in the coming months", And Their entire network by the end of 2013. Some people say that our area (South Florida) was suppose to be ready by the end of the year. I don't think that will happen. I have been tempted to jump ship, but I think I am going to stick it out with Sprint . I have unlimited everything with absolutely no caps, unless I roam. Sprint announced that they plan on keeping their network truly unlimited even when lte is fully implemented, but if it turns that they bit off more than they can chew and get rid of unlimited data, then I hope they grandfather in their unlimited customers like Verizon and AT&T have. If they don't, I will jump ship then.

Last edited:
It is rocking today..!!! 11mbps download on LTE.

It has been working great for several hours now.

This is so strange. LTE works perfect all around my area at blazing fast speeds and then just vanishes. They must be turning it on and then off again I just don't get it.....

$image-3150796288.jpg

It worked for several hours and is now totally gone. It usually reappears after a few days.

I don't think that they are working to get us covered very quickly. I don't know about Miami, but I can speak about Pompano Beach. I only know of one tower that has lte. I base that from driving around. Parts of Fort Lauderdale and hollywood are up , but only a tower here and there. According to credible reports, Miami, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, pompano beach, Deerfield, and some other cities throughout Florida are suppose to be operational "in the coming months", And Their entire network by the end of 2013. Some people say that our area (South Florida) was suppose to be ready by the end of the year. I don't think that will happen. I have been tempted to jump ship, but I think I am going to stick it out with Sprint . I have unlimited everything with absolutely no caps, unless I roam. Sprint announced that they plan on keeping their network truly unlimited even when lte is fully implemented, but if it turns that they bit off more than they can chew and get rid of unlimited data, then I hope they grandfather in their unlimited customers like Verizon and AT&T have. If they don't, I will jump ship then.

Well, I spoke with an account rep from Sprint today and they stated about 3-6 months to get LTE up and running in some cities in South Florida. She stated that is the best she can narrow it down. This is a major disappointment as I thought it was going to occur more quickly.

I am beginning to wonder if they are advertising truly unlimited LTE service with no throttling just to keep a mass exodus from occurring until they complete their LTE network?

I agree 100% with everything that you just said.

This is major disappointment.

New LTE signal in Tamarac. University Drive and Southgate Bv. Must have been just turned on within the last couple of days. I drive by there everyday and yesterday was the first time i saw it.

Last edited: