What's new

Love/Hate relationship with my 1st Iphone

That’s quite possible. Beta software can be buggy. If this is your main device, it might be better to install the regular iOS, which is 11.4 at the moment.

Thank you for your response, i'll give that a shot, but i maintain that moving apps around on different screens does not accomplish a unique self created user experience . In the end all apps are still dumped on home screens with no organization what so ever, Its just like that junk drawer we all have in our home, you know the one that seems to catch a plethora of stuff and each time you need something from that drawer you have dig around hoping to find what you seek, same with Apple's Idea of dumping all apps on the closest home screen.

Settings has few if any customization settings, changing the control center and backgrounds, really is not customizing a home screen. Where are the widgets, like weather etc..

The fact that a defective cable can force a restore makes the entire iPhone build suspect, a bad cable should not allow data transfer or charging not force the Phone into restore mode and then force a restore.

The fact that backups are not accessible from any program, unless you go 3rd party for extreme high prices, is worrisome. I like to have a local copy of my backups on my backup device, not my laptop or phone.

Android is light years ahead of this "Walled Garden of Apple", I am going to the Apple store and plead my case maybe they will have pity and take this device back. I am not seeing any chance of being satisfied with this device. Its really strange I use a MAC an would not consider using anything else..

You are right, iOS is not for you. You can sell your iPhone third party and purchase an Android powered device and be a lot happier, in fact you may be able to trade your phone in for a new android device though you will have to work out trade value, purchase price, contract changes/commitments etc with your provider.

Zstairlessone's last comment may be right or wrong for you but either way I suggest giving it a month or two combined with a lot of questions here and elsewhere before deciding to toss your iPhone investment aside. I see a similar situation to yours with my six months of experience learning to work with Linux after two and a half decades of using Windows. I'm learning more reasons to appreciate Linux with every passing day but still use Windows for my everyday computing. It will be hard to eventually have to decide which system to use for my computing needs on a daily basis. In any case there are many good people on this forum to help answer your questions, please feel free to take advantage of the knowledge base assembled here. Good luck.

I truly enjoy both platforms... There are things to like in both and things that need improvement.. I agree with giving it more time and seeing how the phone functions smoothly daily... I'm fortunate to carry one of each daily... But I can see it takes time if you are coming from one to the other... one thing you get from both is we have great forums and members to help and advise...

And there is no shame in going back to a 'lesser' platform if you are more comfy with it. iOS may seem more limited, but only in customizability (is that really a word) if you stick with it long enough to really get to know it it just lets you get things done without the hiccups of a lot of Android devices.

Hopefully you will give it a little more time, it really is a great system.

Simplicity, stability, security and durability/longgivity. IOS 12, coming out this fall will be available for the 5S, released 5 years ago. I've had both platforms. For overall user experience, and reliability. I choose IOS. Old reliable. And the Face ID is awesome. My password library has been reduced. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]