What's new

Lotus Notes Challenge!

jkk4

Reaction score
OK, about to get the iPhone and our server at work is Lotus Notes. Someone, please fill me in on how this works. If I understand correctly, first, our IT department needs to add the Lotus Notes Traveler software to the server. Then, we load Traveler Companion on the iPhone and all should be good for pushing our emails and contacts. Is this how it works?

Someone, please shed some light here. Seems our IT person is VERY confused on how to push corporate emails.

Thanks for anyone's input.

jkk4

Hi, I'm using Lotus Traveler on my iPhone. In company we have a single server with Domino and Lotus Traveler. To this server are replicate only mails from internal local network, because Lotus Traveler is accessed from Internet and this solution is better for security. Lotus Traveler had web page for users informations, simple configurations and can download clients for many smartfones. I configured Lotus Traveler on my iPhone with Exchange account. Companion is for reading signed, or encrypted emails on iPhone.

Hi, I'm using Lotus Traveler on my iPhone. In company we have a single server with Domino and Lotus Traveler. To this server are replicate only mails from internal local network, because Lotus Traveler is accessed from Internet and this solution is better for security. Lotus Traveler had web page for users informations, simple configurations and can download clients for many smartfones. I configured Lotus Traveler on my iPhone with Exchange account. Companion is for reading signed, or encrypted emails on iPhone.

So, what you are saying is that your administrator must have Traveler on the Server before you can add Traveler Companion to your iPhone?

jkk4

Yes, Lotus Traveler must be installed first before you configure it on iPhone. Companion is only add-on to the Traveler account on iPhone.