What's new

lost my 4s can it be traced if they restore it????

dpg24m

Reaction score
lost my iphone4s on sat i wasnt able to track in online im assuming they turn the phone off can it be still track if they restore the phone clean ?????

Not without a search warrant and help from the carrier....so no.

Damn this sucks looks like I'm have to buy a new iPhone at regurlar price uggggggggg

If the phone is locked can they do a restore?

Yes, it can be restored to factory settings.

That does mean that your data is safe, which I know is minor consolation.

another question ??? even of they restore the phone would it not activate back to my number after the restore or the icloud (find my iphone) have to be on in order to track it

I assume you've reported it to Verizon as lost or stolen? I could be wrong but I don't think they can activate it here once you've done that, but they could use it as an iPod or sell it overseas to be unlocked to a different carrier.

once they restore the phone, all your info will be wiped. but if you havent called to cancel/report your phone stolen, then they will still have service. but if you report it stolen they will not be able to activate it again.

Yea I just reported it today I guess it's a lost cause ..... At least they won't be able to use it since its a CDMA phone thanks for the info guys !!!!

iPhones will always have the imei. If you for some reason know this off hand and spend enough time complaining to customer support, they should be able to track it for you. Just be persistent and keep asking for a higher up.