What's new

Lost info on "Notes yellow page"

offtheroad

Reaction score
Is there a way to retreve info for a notes page that some how I lost. version 7.1.2

Yes. From My Mac, but before you tell me to hook up to my Mac I can't launch iTunes in Snow Leopard whare lives all the latest stuff on my iPhone. I have many OS's like the latest mavericks, so I guess ˆcould try logging into that if that is what your going to suggest? Thanks for the speedy reply btw

Yes. From My Mac, but before you tell me to hook up to my Mac I can't launch iTunes in Snow Leopard whare lives all the latest stuff on my iPhone. I have many OS's like the latest mavericks, so I guess ˆcould try logging into that if that is what your going to suggest? Thanks for the speedy reply btw
Well, no, that's not what I was going to tell you to do. Now please, go into settings on your iphone and under Notes, tell me what is the default. For example, mine says Yahoo.

Well, no, that's not what I was going to tell you to do. Now please, go into settings on your iphone and under Notes, tell me what is the default. For example, mine says Yahoo.
From My Mac

From My Mac[/QUOT.
That's not what I was familiar with for Note's default account. The other option for default account on my phone is "on my phone". I don't have any suggestion for the default you indicate but hopefully someone here will be able to help you. GL

I have notes on my Mac and they don't show up on my phone unless I associate an account for them such as iCloud, Yahoo, etc. or share via messages/email. Did you lose your notes on your phone or on your Mac? To my knowledge, iTunes is not involved in notes, so it won't do you any good to look there.

I have notes on my Mac and they don't show up on my phone unless I associate an account for them such as iCloud, Yahoo, etc. or share via messages/email. Did you lose your notes on your phone or on your Mac? To my knowledge, iTunes is not involved in notes, so it won't do you any good to look there.
I was trying to explain that by getting him to look in settings on his iphone but I don't seem to be able to convey it well.

To retrieve deleted notes from your iPhone, you can try to scan with some iPhone notes recovery tool. If it's still not overwritten with new changes on your iPhone, the notes recover tool can help you recover and transfer the notes directly back to your iPhone. Hope that helps. :)

Check your email account's Notes folder. Your note may be there.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Check your email account's Notes folder. Your note may be there.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've had (am having) this problem as well. I just seem to randomly lose notes (not all, just some) and I know I didn't erase them. My default Notes account is Gmail, but per your suggestion, I don't even have a Notes folder in my email account. I have folders for sent, trash, personal, etc, but no Notes. I also observe that while I have notes toggled to backup to iCloud, it doesn't appear to do it. Nothing is in the iCloud Notes folder. Any help would be appreciated I'm tired of re entering notes.

Look at your trash in the Gmail account. Maybe they ended up there.

If you can't find them there, go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Gmail (the account), and disable Notes there. Force close the Notes app. Enable Notes for your Gmail account again. Wait for a few minutes, then open the Notes app and search for the lost notes.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've had (am having) this problem as well. I just seem to randomly lose notes (not all, just some) and I know I didn't erase them. My default Notes account is Gmail, but per your suggestion, I don't even have a Notes folder in my email account. I have folders for sent, trash, personal, etc, but no Notes. I also observe that while I have notes toggled to backup to iCloud, it doesn't appear to do it. Nothing is in the iCloud Notes folder. Any help would be appreciated I'm tired of re entering notes.

You went into Gmail online (not on your phone)? I have a "notes" folder there on my Gmail account, you should have one. Make sure it's not hidden or minimized. I had this issue a while back and my Notes had synced with my Yahoo mail. They deleted off my phone, but I found them on the online version.

Also,check for the notes file in gmail on your computer not on your iPhone. I know it sounds stupid but that is what happened to me; I found the notes file on my computer email but not on the iPhone.
I see xrayeyes just told you that. She is right, she is the one that helped me find my missing notes.