What's new

lose service once 3G is turned off

rocstar22

Reaction score
I have no idea why it does this. everytime I turn off the 3G i will lose all bars and have no service. i only get service when the 3G is on. BTW this is my first iphone to own as well. Also im with bell (canada)

I have no idea why it does this. everytime I turn off the 3G i will lose all bars and have no service. i only get service when the 3G is on. BTW this is my first iphone to own as well. Also im with bell (canada)

It's because the 3G is your phone service. So it needs to be left on.... In alot of areas that is all that's available.

It's because the 3G is your phone service. So it needs to be left on.... In alot of areas that is all that's available.

Oh ok. really sucks though because I really want to try to save the battery life. so my next question is if i connect to a WIFI and have my 3G on, does it use up my data? or is it free since im connected to WIFI

Oh ok. really sucks though because I really want to try to save the battery life. so my next question is if i connect to a WIFI and have my 3G on, does it use up my data? or is it free since im connected to WIFI

1. 3G only drains you battery when your using it. (such as surfing the web)

2. If your connected to wifi you use LESS battery than surfing on 3G

3. Wifi does not eat your cell data plan. You can tell when your connected by the wifi bars that replace the 3G icon.