What's new

Looking for a group of iOS developers.

ACiD

Reaction score
I'm looking for a group of about two to three iOS developers to help me develop a jailbreak and some Cydia applications. If you are familiar with jailbreak development and iOS development please contact me. I will interview each person interested. What we will be doing is attempting to developp an iOS 5 GM jailbreak. i will give the name of the jailbreak to the members of the group I accept.

Thanks.

Send me a PM and I will provide you with contact information if need be.

PS: Site looks fantastic!

Like iCrank said, there's already a tethered jailbreak that will work on iOS5 GM via Redsn0w. It would be pointless to jailbreak the GM release seeing as how the official public release will be released on Wednesday. Also, Chronic-dev has already discovered 5 userland exploits in iOS5 so it would be pointless to try and compete with them since they are already weeks ahead.

What kind of Cydia packages were you thinking about developing?

Jmills87 said:
Like iCrank said, there's already a tethered jailbreak that will work on iOS5 GM via Redsn0w. It would be pointless to jailbreak the GM release seeing as how the official public release will be released on Wednesday. Also, Chronic-dev has already discovered 5 userland exploits in iOS5 so it would be pointless to try and compete with them since they are already weeks ahead.

What kind of Cydia packages were you thinking about developing?

Do you think if a untethered jb becomes public it would be patched just by the ota updates? Or would be have to rejailbreak everytime?

iCrank said:
Do you think if a untethered jb becomes public it would be patched just by the ota updates?

You can count on it. Apple considers these holes security risks.

-t

thewitt said:
You can count on it. Apple considers these holes security risks.

-t

I figured. But not sure with the whole update issue. Well we already have ios 5 let's go.

Yes, userland exploits can be patched with a simple software update. This is why bootrom exploits are preferred, however they are much harder to come by since the bootrom stays pretty much the same from phone to phone whereas software is constantly changing and new holes are created.

Jmills87 said:
Yes, userland exploits can be patched with a simple software update. This is why bootrom exploits are preferred, however they are much harder to come by since the bootrom stays pretty much the same from phone to phone whereas software is constantly changing and new holes are created.

Ok...nice to know. Since I'm still very amateur at jail breaking. Ah what am I saying. I'm the trial and error king. Haha

Jmills87 said:
I remember those days! I spent almost 48 straight hours jailbreaking my first iPhone 3Gs, what a headache!

Lol. I have never went that far