What's new

Locking TxT messages on IPhone 4

dmt4125

Reaction score
Is it possible to lock certain messages in my phone so they aren't accidentally deleted.

Thanks

If you are jailbroken, there might be a way but for stock iPhone users unfortunately there is not.

Skull One said:
If you are jailbroken, there might be a way but for stock iPhone users unfortunately there is not.

How do I get jailbroken?

I'm not certain that you can lock specific conversations.... however you can lock your message application.

To Jailbreak your iPhone 4... you'll need to download redsnOw from the Dev Team's blog page. What iOS version are you on?

Thomasjtsi said:
I'm not certain that you can lock specific conversations.... however you can lock your message application.

Will that not allow me to continue with the current conversation?

Thomasjtsi said:
To Jailbreak your iPhone 4... you'll need to download redsnOw from the Dev Team's blog page. What iOS version are you on?

iOS 5.1

On iOS 5.1 the redsn0w JB is tethered. Meaning you'll need to connect your phone to a computer any time it's restarted or rebooted. And yes you can continue your conversations w/ a lock on the app. :)

Thomasjtsi said:

How can you lock your message app?

From my  iPhone 4S using iPF.net ☠