What's new

Locking Messages - iPhone 4! ios 5.0.1.

JoshLouis

Reaction score
I used to use LockDown Pro (ios 4.3.3 or something) but now in ios 5 it is not compatible. I was wondering if there was an alternative that can not only lock the app when clicking on the icon, but also protect it in, for example, when you recieve a text and then SMS notification pops up on the top, how if you just click on it, you can open messages. So something that blocks that too.

thanks.

Thanks! I'm going to try this right now. I hope it works completely because I'm paranoid at the moment! haha. Any other recommendations are still greatly appreciated.

Actually, Can you explain how to work this and how i disable SMS Notifications? Thanks!

Last edited:
Once youve downloaded it go to your settings.. Select applocker. Then enable it. There will be somewhere on the page 'applictions' select that and it will list all your apps on your iphone. Its then just a case of selecting which apps you would like to lock. Then set a password and it should be as simple as that. As for the message pop up settings>notifications>messages>alert style then select none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk