What's new

Locked iPhone

umrmbguest

Reaction score
My ex-girlfriend gave me back he iPhone I had under my name for her to use. Unfortunately she left it locked. Any idea on how to unlock the phone so that I can sell it. This is a iPhone 6 running a slightly older version of iOS

Apple added iCloud activation lock with iOS 7. The iPhone 6 came with 8x installed, so there's no option to unlock it, if you don't know the iCloud ID's password to disable Find my iPhone, and remove it from the iCloud ID.

If the iPhone was used with your iCloud ID, this will help:
iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Otherwise, you'll have to contact Apple and/or take the device to the next Apple Retail Store to get help with your problem. You'll have to prove that you're the owner of the iPhone (bill).

Try asking "your ex girlfriend" to unlock it. Is it impossible contacting her to unlock it??

So you have a stolen Iphone and want to use it! Good luck[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.

Not stolen. It is mine, I will need to dig up the paperwork unless she finally does one thing she promised and unlocks it herself

Not stolen. It is mine, I will need to dig up the paperwork unless she finally does one thing she promised and unlocks it herself
If you are the owner and can prove it Apple will help, I gave my son an iPhone and he couldn't get back in it after an update, I phoned Apple and they had the sale on the their system so I didn't have to produce any paper work.

Last edited: