What's new

Lock screen password.

bab2010

Reaction score
So what happen if i come to forget my idevice lock screen password? Is there a work around to recover it? Or to be able to access the os again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the only way to get the lock screen passcode off is to restore your iPhone.

So it's possible to restore eventhou the device is locked down with a passcode on the screen? Which means that if i lose my phone, the finder can restore and use it again right?

I'm not quite sure. I myself never put a passcode on but my best guess is to reset the iPod or iPhone if you want another chance. If that doesn't work or you want another alternative you can always go to an apple store and they might be able to restore it.

Ok, thanks, i didn't lose my lockscreen passcode, i was just wondering how secure will be the device if i happen to lose it. From what you are saying, anyone who find it will have to wipe and reinstall the iOS before been able to use it. That's good but it could have been better if iTune will not allow a restore without exiting lock screen. That way the one who find the phone will not even be able to use it no matter what he does. And i hope that apple will implement this feature in the future.

I'm not positive about the code but I know people have lost there password before and had to go to apple for help. So your iPhone should be safe. Also if you want the maximum security I suggest getting mobile me because with mobile me you can go online and erase all your data or put a passcode on it. I have mobile me and think it's great for protection. You might want to check it out.

I'm not positive about the code but I know people have lost there password before and had to go to apple for help. So your iPhone should be safe. Also if you want the maximum security I suggest getting mobile me because with mobile me you can go online and erase all your data or put a passcode on it. I have mobile me and think it's great for protection. You might want to check it out.

Yeah i know about that and i've already tried it by remotely password locking down the phone and it works great. What i mean here is that apple should also allow a SUPREME remote lock which will completely lock down the phone on a way that even connecting it to any iTunes or any 3rd patry app should not allow any restore or upgrade or whatsoever which can leading to full use of the phone by the one who steal or find the phone. The supreme remote lock can be followed by a message typed by the owner of the phone giving instruction about where to return the phone etc... To whoever find it or steal it. That will be great so that a steal iPhone will be completely useless for the thief or the finder. Thus making the finder or the thief returning the phone to the user for a reward.

Unfortunately all the finder/thief has to do it restore it via iTunes and they will have a fully working iPhone. Fortunately this does mean all your data is safe if you have a passcode...

Unfortunately all the finder/thief has to do it restore it via iTunes and they will have a fully working iPhone. Fortunately this does mean all your data is safe if you have a passcode...

Yeah. And i hope that apple will surely look into this for security reasons and provide a kind of remote supreme lock down for us. Otherwise iPhone thiefs will grow dramaticaly. I was reading in another post on the forum that iPhone thiefs are growing up in numbers in NY subways. That's really bad.

I love the color and its a nice case, however.... if you put the phone in your pocket and grab the slider-end, the slider comes off leaving the phone in your pocket.
=============

webdesign

Ok i understand. Thanks a lot for the information.