What's new

Live Photo

samjenn

Reaction score
I do not have this option when I open the native camera app- anyone have any idea why my 6s doesn't have this? I'm all updated etc- I've never had this option?

Thanks!

It's at the top of the screen in the built in Camera app:
IMG_0105.JPG

In Photo, tap the circles once to enable Live Photo, and the icon will become yellow/orange. To disable it, tap it again, and the colour will return back to white.

Hi. I'm new to this forum, and have a question about Live Photo. If I should create a new thread, instead of replying to this one, let me know.

I have an iPhone 6S, and I have several photos that, apparently, I accidentally took using Live Photo, but one thing confuses me. The descriptions of the Live Photo feature I have read say that there is 1.5 seconds before and after the photo, resulting in a 3 second elapsed time. When I look at these photos, the movement lasts .5 seconds at most - nowhere near 3 seconds.

Can anyone help me understand what's going on?

thx,
feenyman99

A "Live" photo isn't like a video. It's a kind of merging of the two exposures.

A "Live" photo isn't like a video. It's a kind of merging of the two exposures.

I'd have to respectfully disagree on this one. A live photo is exactly like a video. It's actually low frame rate video (15 fps), that gives you a second and a half before and after you press the shutter button. Not sure why feenyman99 would only be getting a half second, unless there's so little movement in the photo that it's not apparent that it's actually longer. I'm not personally fond of the live photo option and leave it turned off. Personal preference.

Hi. I'm new to this forum, and have a question about Live Photo. If I should create a new thread, instead of replying to this one, let me know.

I have an iPhone 6S, and I have several photos that, apparently, I accidentally took using Live Photo, but one thing confuses me. The descriptions of the Live Photo feature I have read say that there is 1.5 seconds before and after the photo, resulting in a 3 second elapsed time. When I look at these photos, the movement lasts .5 seconds at most - nowhere near 3 seconds.

Can anyone help me understand what's going on?

thx,
feenyman99

To see the full exposure use your 3D /Force touch on the photo and continue pressing until the motion stops. What you are seeing when you just select the picture is a kind of preview of the live photo

I personally have to agree with DaveM and never use it.
Makes a mess of the shot for me.