What's new

Light too bright for good video or photos

davidcycle

Reaction score
I am trying to film dental procedures with my iphone 6s plus but the light that I must have to do the procedure is too bright to get a good picture. Is there a setting I can adjust to get a better picture?
Bright teeth.jpeg

You can hold the screen until you get AE/
AF lock and then you can turn the brightness of the screen down by simply placing your finger on the screen and dragging it downward to match your lighting for a good photo. Hope this helps. There are also apps that may be able to help as well. But try holding your finger on the place you want to photo until you get AE/AF lock will appear on the screen. Again, place your finger on the screen and lower the brightness. This may or may not help. It's worth a try at least. Here is a screenshot of what I speak of. Hope this helps a bit. First pic I adjusted brightness higher than normal, 2nd pic I adjusted light to be less than normal. 3rd pic is actual light outside at 7:50pm.
IMG_1802.JPG
IMG_1803.JPG
IMG_1806.JPG

As you can see, the last photo is the one without any adjustment to the screen brightness or darkening. The others show more brightness and less than normal darkness. Again, hope this helps. Good day.

That worked!!! I figured there was a simple solution. It worked for both photo and video. Thanks!
Bright teeth adjusted .jpeg

Reactions: 933
No worries. Just paying it forward! Someone here alerted me to the same thing. Works well for what you are using it for!! Keep up the great work!