What's new

Lifeproof for iPhone 5 Availability....

Are you holding out for Lifeproof?

• Trying your best to hold out for Lifeproof... LOL!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Just wondering who's holding out for a Lifeproof case to put on their new iPhone 5? While I'm a bit frustrated that Lifeproof didn't have their cases available on release day like Otterbox did... I do understand their thinking when it comes to R&D of their products. iPhone Cases and iPad Cases | LifeProof has added the banner to their page saying it's "Coming Soon." However, it doesn't give an anticipated release date. Speculations I've been seeing via Lifeproof's Facebook & Twitter feeds say we can expect a working case sometime late October to early November.

I purchased a Speck case the morning I bought the iPhone 5... just to have it in something until the Lifeproof is available. Don't get me wrong, Otterbox makes an amzing product... just not suited for my needs, in terms of bulk/size. So, my vote is for "Bought something else but switching to Lifeproof when available."

After reading about the lifeproof cases and hearing some feedback from people I work with that have it for the i4 and i4s, I will be getting one. I will just have to settle for the few I purchased for now.

Theodore said:
I was in a major cell phone carrier and they said they should have the new Lifeproof cases in about a week. Hope that helps.

Hopefully that's how it turns out!! On Lifeproof's Facebook & Twitter feeds... all they'll say is "Will be available in Q4. So that could be next week... Could be December. Ugh!!

I had a life proof case on my iphone 4s for about 3 months... Never took it out of the case. I was hearing reports from people who said that after a while the case starts to fail and is no longer water proof. I decided to check this out for myself. I opened my case for the 1st time since putting my iphone 4s in the lifeproof. I found dust inside, telling me there is a leak somewhere. I took my phone out and snapped it back together and going over it making sure everything is snapped into place several times. I did the water test and after an hour i came back and my case was full of water. I have no idea how or where the leak was at but i figured im not using one cause if i can't trust it i would rather just be carefull knowing i can't submerg it or get it wet. Why take the chance. After spending $80.00 on the life proof case from best buy it went into the garbage. NO way will i trust there case. Life proof will warranty the case but not the Iphone. You are SOL if the iphone gets ruined. If you dont believe me call Life proof and ask if they will pay for a ruined Iphone. They will tell you NO.

Lifeproof's site says the case is good to 6.6 meters for 30 minutes. You exceeded their under water test by 9 1/2 hours and you are disappointed? Try testing it for 30 minutes, then report back, or sell it to someone at a deep discount.

scotiez said:
I did the water test and after an hour i came back and my case was full of water..
30 minutes over the allotted time.... either way.... testing for toooooo long was what failed your case.

Last edited:
I'm finally moving to an iPhone from a Casio Boulder. I'm definately getting a Lifeproof case.

on Life proofs website in the testing video it states to test for 1 hour. I did the Test right to what the instructions stated. But its your phone, i didn't pay for it, so if you want to trust them its up to you. I was just telling you what i have found out.

Where in my post does it say i tested for 10 1/2 hours? I tested it for 1 hour just like the testing video said on lifeproofs website. :(
Lifeproof's site says the case is good to 6.6 meters for 30 minutes. You exceeded their under water test by 9 1/2 hours and you are disappointed? Try testing it for 30 minutes, then report back, or sell it to someone at a deep discount.

Sorry, I thought I read it and it said 10 hours.

In my defense, I spent 13 hours making my garage into a garage again. Just moved two months ago and it has been full until we had a garage sale this weekend.

Again, sorry for my misread.

Last edited:
haha .. its ok. All i try to do is help with my own opinion of things on this site. I know everyone has there own ideas and opinions. To me it just left a bad feeling about this product. Someone else now it could be perfectly fine, just not for me. I just like to leave all options open when seeking advice or knowledge of something, and let the people make up there own mind.
Good luck on cleaning out the garage, I hate moving. Seems like we as human beings gather so much crap :) Myself included ... i dread the day i move.
Have a great day

Ahh.... the iPhone 6! when you are ready to move you take pictures of everthing. When you get to your next home you buy an iPrinter and all your stuff is printed out in full HD 3D fully functual and just put it where you want it. Yea, now that is an iPhone!

haha .. its ok. All i try to do is help with my own opinion of things on this site. I know everyone has there own ideas and opinions. To me it just left a bad feeling about this product. Someone else now it could be perfectly fine, just not for me. I just like to leave all options open when seeking advice or knowledge of something, and let the people make up there own mind.
Good luck on cleaning out the garage, I hate moving. Seems like we as human beings gather so much crap :) Myself included ... i dread the day i move.
Have a great day

Garage is all cleaned out with the Suburban parked inside.

Thanks for keeping me straight on your post, and again, sorry if I caused any confusion, lol!