What's new

Lifeproof case

I still like my life proof case The protection it gives still is superior to others. I hike a lot and the thought of dropping it in the stream or getting caught in the rain doesn't bother me now. Sure I guess after an hour or so in the water it may get wet but that's not going to happen when I grab it out of whatever happens. I will still keep mine on. Once in a while just around the house I use it without a case. But not often

I would have taken it from you. I used mine in the pool and hot tub at a campground this past weekend with absolutely not a drop inside the case. I checked it later and very happy with it.

You just should have sent it back to them for a replacement. Oh well

I don't want a replacement. there product does not last. and checking your phone after you have been in a pool is... well you'll find out when you open your case and find water inside and your phone doesn't not work. I actually know people who have found there phone not working after being in the pool, and trying to talk to lifeproof and they will NOT replace your phone for you. This is why i decided to do a test after having it for 2 months and it failed the test. Sure it passed when i 1st bought it .. i tested it 3 times before putting my phone in it and it passed every time .. but after 2 months of use and i am not hard on my phone like dropping it or stuff like that, just normal use... I have heard the screen membranes dont last and thats where it begins to leak. This is why i threw it in the garbage. I do not want to be miss lead and thinking my phone is protected when its not. Once you find water inside the case its to late for your phone. I would rather see my phone so i know it is has water on it and know what to expect then picking it up and finding it not working because of a failed product who had tricked the world into thinking they have a superb product.

I have also been noticing dust getting in my Lifeproof case. I am no longer as confident in it as I was after the purchase. I don't push the limit and submerge it in water. I just hope it will help protect it from accidental falls. At least until the new Otterbox case hits the market. If you are happy with the Lifeproof case, good for you, as for me, I am still looking for the perfect case, lol!!!!

If dust can get in the case than you know water will find a way... I went to the store to get one and was surprised to see that the belt clip isnt included! you have to buy the belt clip for the case! I went right for the otterbox instead. Since getting my Otterbox I had scratched the screen protector and they replaced it for free! I like free... Im staying with Otterbox and will be watching thier site for the iphone 5 case and will get one when released

I have also been noticing dust getting in my Lifeproof case. I am no longer as confident in it as I was after the purchase. I don't push the limit and submerge it in water. I just hope it will help protect it from accidental falls. At least until the new Otterbox case hits the market. If you are happy with the Lifeproof case, good for you, as for me, I am still looking for the perfect case, lol!!!!

There will never be a perfect case. For now the life proof has proven to be the best for me. Water is an issue with phones even if it's just working in a rain storm. The case performs like they say it does for me. No dust inside and no water.

your lucky, I wouldn't trust it though.

Just because you did not follow the instructions and submerged your case for 4 hours longer than recommended, don't see why you would come here bad mouthing a fine product with great customer service....

The dust gets in there from opening the case when charging.
While in a charging cycle, the port is open and the case expands and contracts as it warms up and cools. This will draw any dust in from surroundings.
If you are really worried, open it up and perform the water test with a tissue as per Lifeproof instructions.
I'm sure you won't have a problem.
If you do, contact them. They are very responsive to customers and I have had great experience with the product and service....

The dust gets in there from opening the case when charging.
While in a charging cycle, the port is open and the case expands and contracts as it warms up and cools. This will draw any dust in from surroundings.
If you are really worried, open it up and perform the water test with a tissue as per Lifeproof instructions.
I'm sure you won't have a problem.
If you do, contact them. They are very responsive to customers and I have had great experience with the product and service....

The case isn't a Dyson, lol! But, you have a valid point, I would add that the flex of the case due to be put in and taken out of pockets (especially skinny jeans) causes the case to draw in dust or lint that is stuck at the seals edge. As long as its only a little dust, I wouldn't lose my mind over it. As stated above, perform a water test, if its good, enjoy the case until the Armor comes out. Problem for me is I wanted a case before I get the next phone, which is due in almost a month.

I wouldn't trust it either... if you're going to submerge it for 5 hours. Just saying....
My point exactly. If your caught in the rain or spill a drink on it or like me hike and maybe drop in a puddle or stream, your going to grab it fast and know there is no problem.... But yeah 5 hours submerged even a ducks behind may leak

Last edited by a moderator: