What's new

Lifeproof case

I am not much of a fan of Lifeproof cases because I think that they are just too bulky to even be used on the regular. And though it would be nice to be able to take care of probably one of your most prized possessions, it just isn't that feasible if you are going to make use of it altogether.

Just hope that you would not regret getting a case that makes it really bulky to be used on the regular.

hrobert said:
I am not much of a fan of Lifeproof cases because I think that they are just too bulky to even be used on the regular. And though it would be nice to be able to take care of probably one of your most prized possessions, it just isn't that feasible if you are going to make use of it altogether.

Just hope that you would not regret getting a case that makes it really bulky to be used on the regular.

Have you ever used life proof? They aren't bulky at all. Not even close to what otterbox is. I'd say it's like the size of the commuter.

Lifeproof case is awesome. Just look at this pic of my iPhone taking a bath. Though this forum crops my pic so it's not super easy to see

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343573015.567172.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343573015.567172.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 664
I love it but have to replace the headphone cord already after a month. It doesn't help that I dropped it and the cord got pulled hard though. But I love the case and trust it.....already used it in the pool for video and in the rain with no worry. It is great protection without much added bulk!

Jim

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

18b79036-5e6f-7319.jpg

In the center is my 4s with my otter box commuter? And on the outside is the front and back of my life proof. Not much bigger than my otter box and a ton more protection....

Jim

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Me, wife and son went to a water park and took the 4s with the lifeproof. Everything worked fine nice and dry, in the water for about 4 hrs

$uploadfromtaptalk1343912582207.jpg
$uploadfromtaptalk1343912606290.jpg

Tapatalk'd / Rooted Galaxy S3

Best Buy just got in the blue and red lifeproof cases. Picked up the blue and brother got red. I now have 3 lifeproof cases and love them. I work with metal and the fine shavings kept getting in my speakers and messing them up bad now with lifeproof case no more problems.

If you do the safety test without the phone in it, you will see that it really works. They tell you to do this test the first time and each time you remove the cover. I only use it if I am going to a water park so I do the test each time to make sure it still works.

They will not replace your phone, but even though I know it works, I don't take too many chances, I use if for just in case.

Since I've had mine, a few months now, I snap pics and vids in the river below my place, use it in the shower to listen to music and the camera to shave, etc. I haven't taken it off since I put it on. I'm not brave enough to do the dro test. I paid enough for my phone so I'm not willing to try that. I am very pleased with this case overall. $90 to protect a $1,000 phone seems worth it to me

I got my mailed to me today (white case) I did the water test with out the phone ( placed a piece of tissue in it instead) for 10 mins. With no leaks, I then installed the phone. It is way taller now, but not big of a deal since I came from the galaxy nexus. Hope this case stands up to its name like all the other users on YouTube so far so good.

I got my mailed to me today (white case) I did the water test with out the phone ( placed a piece of tissue in it instead) for 10 mins. With no leaks, I then installed the phone. It is way taller now, but not big of a deal since I came from the galaxy nexus. Hope this case stands up to its name like all the other users on YouTube so far so good.

If you fill out the warranty form, it gets extended to a year. It's simple questions. It recommends you water test the case for an hour. But it is a sweet case. I just hope the little door doesn't pop open for some reason while I'm in water 😢

I did a lot of underwater video's last week while on vacation. In the river or the pool of the kids doing their thing. No issue's and the pics and vids are very clear underwater as long as the water is clear.

I would like to shed some new light on the life proof case. I was also fooled by the amazing videos and advertisement life proof put out to sell there product. I bought mine like 2 months ago. followed the video instructions for the water test and so forth. I fell in love with this case. I thought this is the best case in the world. Then i kept hearing how the life proof case has failed and life proof will warranty the case but not the phone if damaged. Many people are fooled in the wording life proof has put out to think they will also warranty the phone.
Since i bought the case i have never taken my phone out of the case. I use my phone everyday at the gym with earbuds. It is a Pain to remove the plug and put in the adaptor everytime but i figured its worth it right. Not even two months of use the adaptor shorted out, makeing my earbuds useless at the gym. This was strick 1 against the life proof product. Then when people were telling me there phone got wet even in the case i decided to remove my phone for a test. Once i opened up the case i found dust inside. Not alot of dust but some. I snapped the case back to gether with out my phone in it, screwed the head phone plug in and closed the charge port door. Pressed all around the case again to make sure everything was snapped together and did the water test again to check to see after 2 months if my phone was still protected. I let it set in water for about 5 hours before taking it out. Once i pulled it out i found alot of water inside the case. Thank god my iphone was not in the case. I decided i would rather be extra carefull with my iphone around water and with out a case like that then to believe that the life proof case will protect my phone. Never again life proof will i trust your product to protect something that is worth so much money. $80.00 for not ever two months worth of use, Come on. Take your product off the market cause its worthless.

The dust issue was another reason I went back to my otterbox. I still had fine dust in the lifeproof case after a week of using it and decided that if it's still getting dusty then I might as well use a case where I could put my own screen shield on. The screen shield on the lifeproof was the killer, the dust in the case was the nail in the coffin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk