What's new

Lens

Schoondog

Reaction score
Anyone know if the lens cover on the back can be replaced? Mine got scratched.

If you want to replace your lens the best place to go migh be the apple store.

Thanks. I'll go there this weekend!

Sent from my iPad......Schoondog

Where do I get the part and how does it come out???

Where do I get the part and how does it come out???

You will break your device by trying to do it your self, these phones are not 1990 nokia phones, these are phones which are sealed with etreme precisions, precisions that i think you do not have specialy if you've never did this before, in addition, you might endup leaving some minor dast inside the lens by the time you finish putting together all the parts if eventualy you arrive to do it. So i will simply advice to spend so $ and have a good service with a guaranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bab2010 said:
You will break your device by trying to do it your self, these phones are not 1990 nokia phones, these are phones which are sealed with etreme precisions, precisions that i think you do not have specialy if you've never did this before, in addition, you might endup leaving some minor dast inside the lens by the time you finish putting together all the parts if eventualy you arrive to do it. So i will simply advice to spend so $ and have a good service with a guaranty.

You are right. I'd end up ruining it. I'll keep my Apple appointment this weekend.

Sent from my iPad......Schoondog

youtube has video's on how to do this and its very simple a replacement camera is only like $40 the whole camera module comes out in 1 piece not hard at all!!!

youtube has video's on how to do this and its very simple a replacement camera is only like $40 the whole camera module comes out in 1 piece not hard at all!!!

Maybe you are right. But i personaly will not take a plonge with that. First i will need to spend money for the tools, sped money for the lens and other things, spend my time on whatching a youtube video and practice it on my phone, and there is no guaranty at all that i will do everything correct according to the video. Plus once the device have been opened, you void your waranty forever. All the money i will spend on the tools and the parts, all the time i will spend on youtube and that stress not to mess up a thing on the device while fixing the lens... No no no. I better spend some $ and get everything done easy and fast and with guanraty for me. This is my personal opinion.