What's new

Latest MacBook update

dave307

Reaction score
Anybody using the
macOS Mojave. What are your thoughts. I notice that its 5gb storage .

Thanks.
David.

Poisonivy
How did you get on with the latest update. macOS Mojave
Hi David,
I'm still checking things out when I have time, I like the Dark mode and I'm using that.
I'm using the Dynamic desktop too.
I love Stacks on the desktop.
I need to explore further and try more new things, How about you?
What have you tried so far?

Done nothing yet waiting to see the outcome from other users, I have my doubts about the stacks I gone to like a clean screen well will have to accept that when I have a go.
Many thanks for replying, Good luck.
David.

Updated the day after release, so it's been at least two weeks using the new MacOS. Seems to be a stable build and haven't yet experienced any issues with legacy software (yet).

The dark mode is nice and makes my laptop stand out when in a meeting, as my colleagues look over my shoulder and wonder how I got all my apps to display in dark finder windows, etc. The dynamic desktop is fine, I guess, it's more of a gimmick to me, but cool, I think.

I don't really find a need for stacks on the desktop since I'm a pretty organized person to begin with, but I guess if you're a desktop hoarder I could see how stacks might help make it less complicated.

Still works fine in clamshell mode when I plug into my 27" Apple Thunderbolt display at home and all the ports on the back of the display are fully functional too. That monitor is getting pretty old at this point, but it still holds up!

No major complaints or bugs that I've come across so far and runs smoothly on my laptop as the last one did. Actually, the one nice thing is websites like YouTube which have dark themes. I find it flows nicely with my macOS if the website has a 'dark 'theme' but not all sites do, so there's that.

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro 13 inch (non-touchbar)

junior. Many thanks for your info on the latest update,May I ask about the stacks do you have to have them on the desktop?, Or can you keep a clear screen.
Thanks.
David.

junior. Many thanks for your info on the latest update,May I ask about the stacks do you have to have them on the desktop?, Or can you keep a clear screen.
Thanks.
David.
You can toggle stacks on or off, it's not an automatic setting.